MY CAMERA EQUIPMENT
As a photography enthusiast, having the right equipment is essential for capturing stunning shots. In this post,
I want to share with you my go-to camera equipment and how it has helped me take my photography to the next level.
When it comes to my camera body, I rely on the Canon 5D Mark III. This camera offers exceptional image quality and performance, making it a favorite among professional photographers. The full-frame sensor, advanced autofocus system, and high ISO capabilities make it the perfect tool for capturing beautiful images in a variety of lighting conditions.
But what really sets my photography apart is my use of a water housing. For underwater photography, I use the Ikelite water housing made specifically for the Canon 5D Mark III. This housing allows me to take my camera into the water and capture stunning shots of waves, marine life, and surfers. The Ikelite water housing is made of durable polycarbonate and is built to withstand the pressure of being submerged in water. It also provides easy access to all of the camera's controls, making it easy to adjust settings and shoot while in the water.
In conclusion, the Canon 5D Mark III and Ikelite water housing are my go-to camera equipment from now on and forward for capturing stunning shots, whether it's on land or in the water. These tools will allow me to take my photography to the next level and capture unique and beautiful images that stand out from the crowd.
I highly recommend these products to any photography enthusiast, especially those interested in capturing images in the water.
Note to self: How to take care of the ikelite water housing:
To maintain your Ikelite water housing, it's important to follow a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule to ensure that the housing and its seals remain in good condition. Here's a checklist to help you keep your housing in top condition:
1. Before each use, inspect the housing for any damage or wear, such as cracks, scratches, or signs of leakage. If any damage is found, do not use the housing and contact Ikelite for repair or replacement.
2. Clean the housing thoroughly before and after each use with a mild dish soap and warm water. Be sure to rinse away all soap residue and dry the housing completely with a soft towel.
3. Check the O-ring seals for any signs of damage, wear, or dirt. If the O-rings are dirty, clean them with a mild dish soap and warm water, then dry them thoroughly with a soft towel. Check the O-rings for nicks, cuts, or deformities. if these are found it is recommended to replace them.
4. Lubricate the O-ring seals with a silicone lubricant before each use to ensure proper sealing and to prevent wear on the O-rings.
5. Store the housing in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight, heat, or humidity. Keep the housing in the protective bag it came with to keep dust and debris out of the housing.
6. Do not leave the housing submerged in water for long periods of time or in harsh conditions.
7. Check the housing for leaks periodically during use, and be prepared to end your dive if a leak is found
If you're storing the housing for a longer period, you can open the housing to let any moisture inside to evaporate, air it out, and store it in a cool, dry place.